Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nice visit with Grandpa

I was able to see Grandpa this afternoon. When I got there he was sleeping real sound. I thought for a moment about not waking him up. I hadn't seen him the last weekend because of being sick so I needed to say hi. I walked in quietly and had a seat and gently touched his hand. His eyes opened and a smile started to form at the corner of his mouth. It was a joy to see.

I asked him how he was doing.... "Sleeping." was his response with a big laugh. I was very appreciative of his smile and good humor. I showed him a pair of shoes that I bought him over the weekend. When I took them out to put them on he just laughed at me. "I guess I have bigger feet then you thought." he said. "No," I say "I am just not a good judge of shoe size." We both had a chuckle.

He then began telling me about his working out routine. It was great watching him show me how he moves the equipment and what not. I told him I was proud of him and that he needed to keep it up. So after some more chatting and good laughs I promised him I would go back to the drawing board and try to get him some bigger sized shoes.

As I drove away I was comforted to know that he still has the strength and push in him to keep working. There were some days I wasn't sure how far we were going to go. I know he had had another stroke as it had shown in his slowing of his speech. I also knew he was really frustrated with everything and tired as well. However this visit gave me more hope that his attitude has taken a turn for the better. I just like to see him happy, whatever that means for him is what I wish for him. As long as he is happy then I am all right with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment