Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Joey's adventure

Yesterday we took Joey our little boy puggle into the vet so that he could be fixed. We dropped him off at about 7:30 and then went home. At around 11:30 we got a call from one of the tech mission saying that he had gone through the surgery alright and was doing fine. We were really relieved because he was also getting his teeth done along with being fixed and to do both at the same time was a little risky but it was necessary because he needed both procedures. He had to stay over night and so they could monitor him and make sure he was okay. They told us we could pick him up in the morning today sometime after 9:00 AM.

Josh and I were really excited to see him but a little curious as to how he would behave. They said he was on IV fluids and had antibiotics along with pain medication. So we weren't quite sure how he was going to react. We also were a little worried about how our other little Puggle would react towards him being the fact that he wasn't going to be able to play with her as much for a while so that he could recover properly. She likes to bother him constantly and he is very sweet with her and let's her get away with murder.

As the door opened, he came running out to see us just as if nothing ever happened. We were quite surprised being the fact that he had just gone through quite an ordeal with two major procedures but we were very excited to finally see him and to see that he was doing okay.

We paid our bill which was expensive as usual vet bills are and headed home with a game plan in place. Josh would take Joey up the stairs into the bedroom. I would then go get Mia our little puggle and Caelyn our lab and let them up separately that way he could have time to relax and sit before he was bombarded with the girls.

Needless to say all worked well and everybody went upstairs to the bedroom and took a little nap. Tonight I've been really monitoring him to make sure that he's not being too active and I got to tell you, it's as if the surgery or procedures never even happened. Of course I have to escort him outside on the leash to make sure that he doesn't stay outside in the wet too much and doesn't do anything else that might jeopardize the stitches or whatever but he is doing quite well. According to Josh he is walking a little funny… Poor baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment