Total Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Weekend

Well the Christmas weekend is over. It was an interesting one and not what I had expected at all.

First of all I have been fighting off a cold which really sucked because it is my week off. So Friday Josh and I had to get all of our errands done. We or rather I had waiting too long to get things done.

We embarked on Thursday to first go to my grandpa's apartment to get him some clothes and a gift that my Aunt and Uncle had sent him. He lives in a retirement home. A week or so ago he had to go to the hospital because he had the flu really bad and being he is 94 years old, it hit him hard. So we picked the things up and traveled to the rehab home. He was fast asleep when we got there and I couldn't stand to wake him up. So we talked to the staff, social worker, and nurse and then left. 

Friday we started our shopping which was really late in the game but I had been sick so oh well. 

We first went to the liquor store. I don't drink much and in fact, alcohol doesn't like me too much. But I drink occasionally. Josh decided to get some Jack Daniels and I, of course, got some Bailey's. Then I went and looked for this wine I had a while ago. It was awesome and sweet. I don't drink hard liquor, only sweet stuff. I found some Plum wine which was only $6 which was a great deal I think. Now others might disagree because they are more versed in wine but hey I liked it.

We went to Costco to get some dog food and cake (yum). While we were there we made a mistake and stopped to look at TV's and I wanted to look at the New Galaxy Tab  by Samsung. I'll blog about that later. :-)

Next there was the game store. I had this brilliant idea to get a game for Josh that he wanted. Of course he was with me so I was sneaky. Turned out it wasn't there so I had to come up with something else. I was kind of pissed but again it was the night before Christmas so what am I gonna do? So we made a deal. I got a game, he got a game and they had a special that if you bought 2 you get the third free. Win! Win!

After that we went to Walmart. Yikes that was crazy but we knew that. We had an hour before they closed and I was pretty bummed because I wanted to get some presents there. So we got the food we needed for Christmas dinner. We were expecting my mother and my grandfather for dinner. We got a 14 pound turkey, stuffing mix, corn, biscuits, gravy and mashed potatoes. 

At 8pm the store was closing and the police were there to make sure everyone left I guess and that things went smoothly. 

Last stop was at Shari's. It wasn't our first choice. We wanted to try HomeTown Buffet but it wasn't open. So we settled for Shari's and had a Prime Rib sandwich with fries.

It was back home to unload groceries and then to relax the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment